Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stay Positive

Rain drops are falling.  It is like living in a popcorn popper : )

I went to Ecuador today.  It is fun to be able to casually throw out that I spent the day in another country.  

The large market is in the border town of Aguas Verdes, not sure what the ecuadorian side is called.  Anyway, I went there today to buy wood for the desk I am going to build myself.  It will be a good experience.  I am saving money, well sort of, depending on what tools I end up needing.  

It rained today, who knows, maybe it is the start of the rainy season.  I love the rain, and I usually think of it as a universal cleaner.  Washing away all of the grime.  But I am thinking it might be a little different here.  Without paved roads, I think my life is about to become one giant mud wrestling match.

I love those moments when you become self aware of your situation and you realize you are enjoying it immensely.

The power just went out and it seeks strangely appropriate.  The house is dark, and I am listening to a song called The Rain by The Swell Season, and it is loud, a fight between the rain outside and the rain inside.  I think my family just lit a candle in the next room.  I can smell something, not sure what it is.  Could be a million reasons for the power to be out, and I just realized that I am tired enough that I don't even care if it turns back on tonight.  I am going to bed.  But I also want to listen to music.  Good night all.

1.5.2009 9.36 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment